Who benefits from counselling?
Often people seek counselling for a wide range of difficulties that have affected their way of thinking or self-worth. Finding suitable therapy can be hard to find at the best of times, but it can feel even more daunting when you’re feeling unsure of yourself and possibly in a crisis.
My goal is to support the growth of individuals, couples and families, through self-discovery and understanding of the connections, between the past and how it affects current thoughts and present behaviour(s).
I am used to talking about many subjects, so there’s nothing you need to feel too embarrassed or ashamed to talk about, as we provide a space that gives you the time to work through your problems safely.
My theoretical approach to therapy is Integrative, which means I use a combination of approaches to meet the needs and goals of each client. These include Psychodynamic, Existential, CBT, Humanistic and Solution-focused; putting theories aside I believe that the most important part of therapy is the relationship that emerges between the client and therapist.
This is because therapy works well when clients feel comfortable, safe and able to speak freely, my goal as the therapist is to help you engage in the process of constructive change.
Areas of Training
- Working with Mental Illness
- Working with people who have experienced sexual abuse
- Working with Trauma
- Working with Gender issues/concerns
- Working with psychosis
- Working with Borderline Personality Disorder
- Working with Race and Discrimination
- Assessment training.
- BSc (Hons) Integrative Counselling (Roehampton University)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (City Literary Institute)
- Humanistic, Psychodynamic (Birkbeck University)
- Diploma in Life Coaching (Online Course).
I hope we've managed to communicate something of who we are and what we can offer. If you would like a free no-obligation consultation to talk about your concerns or to see if I can be of help to you, please feel free to contact me by phone or E-mail.
Contact us by email